tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp hanging apache Win 2000 apache 1.3.22 tomcat4.0
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:00:39 GMT
I don;t have MS Studio either.
If your apache is not working at all I think you have a config problem.  I
would think something is wrong in your httpd.conf file

you don't need to step down to tomcat 3  I use tomcat 4 with mod_jk

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry McBride [mailto:tttmcbride@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:35 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: mod_webapp hanging apache Win 2000 apache 1.3.22 tomcat4.0

Thanks Brian,

I must be a bad archive searcher.

I the simptoms seem different though because apache
isn't working AT ALL when tomcat is running.  Even a
text.html file in htdocs dir.

I do not have access to Visual Studio.  Has anyone out
there compiled the latest mod_webapp for Windows?  If
so, does it work (including jpg ;)?  If so can you
please email me the libapr.dll and mod_webapp.so.

I am guessing I am not going to get my wish.  So does
this thread contain good instructions?
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg38624.html

I guess I nees to download Tomcat 3.

Thanks for any help,
Terry

--- Brian Adams <badams@AEM-TX.com> wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> 	I think if you take a close look at the archive you
> will see that
> many of us have not installed mod_webapp on windos
> with success.
> The hanging is probably on the connector that
> mod_webapp uses.  I bet money
> if you make a jsp page that has no images it will
> work.  then add a gif and
> it should work.  add a jpeg and hang time for
> ever....
>
> there is a bug and you can get the latest mod_webapp
> code from the jakarta
> cvs and build it(youll need MS Visual Studio 5.0 or
> higher)
> OR
> you can install mod_jk (if your requirements allow)
> and you'll be happy for
> now.  I had the same problem with no real luck just
> good advise so I
> installed mod_jk and that works for me.  My windows
> box is a development box
> not production(thank god) and it works fine.
> Good luck
> Brian Adams

[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
>     New instance created

[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
>     Setting connection

[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
>     Setting Request ID 0
>

> #---- Here is part of my httpd.conf ---#
> ServerName 171.64.248.194
>
> LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule mod_webapp.c
>
> WebAppConnection launch warp localhost:8008
> WebAppDeploy launchpads	launch /launchpads
> WebAppInfo /webapp-info
>
> #---- Here is part of my server.xml ---#  <Service
> name="Tomcat-Apache">
>
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
>      port="8008" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>      enableLookups="true"
>      acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
>
>     <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache
> "ServerName" is set to -->
>     <Engine

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
> 	    name="Apache" defaultHost="171.64.248.194"
> debug="0" appBase="webapps">
>
>       <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower
> levels -->
>       <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>               prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
>               timestamp="true"/>
>
>       <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance
> will be shared globally -->
>       <Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />
>
>     </Engine>
>
>   </Service>

> For additional commands:
> Troubles with the list:
>
> --
> For additional commands:
> Troubles with the list:

=====
"I'm concerned about a better world. I'm concerned about justice; I'm
concerned about brotherhood; I'm concerned about truth. And when one is
concerned about that, he can never advocate violence. For through violence
you may murder a murderer, but you can't murder murder. Through violence you
may murder a liar, but you can't establish truth. Through violence you may
murder a hater, but you can't murder hate through violence. Darkness cannot
put out darkness; only light can do that."

-M. L. King, Jr., 16 August 1967