tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp hanging apache Win 2000 apache 1.3.22 tomcat4.0
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:53:46 GMT
Hi Terry,
	I think if you take a close look at the archive you will see that
many of us have not installed mod_webapp on windos with success.
The hanging is probably on the connector that mod_webapp uses.  I bet money
if you make a jsp page that has no images it will work.  then add a gif and
it should work.  add a jpeg and hang time for ever....

there is a bug and you can get the latest mod_webapp code from the jakarta
cvs and build it(youll need MS Visual Studio 5.0 or higher)
OR
you can install mod_jk (if your requirements allow) and you'll be happy for
now.  I had the same problem with no real luck just good advise so I
installed mod_jk and that works for me.  My windows box is a development box
not production(thank god) and it works fine.
Good luck
Brian Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry McBride [mailto:tttmcbride@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: mod_webapp hanging apache Win 2000 apache 1.3.22 tomcat4.0

After searching the archives all I have seen is that
people seem to get this to work pretty easily.
Unfortunately not me :( .  They've been working
seperately for a while.

When I use mod_webapp and run tomcat apache hangs
forever.  I tried telnet localhost 80 and it just sits
there.  Same thing with the web browser (doesn't even
come back with page not found-just hangs).  If they
are both running and I shutdown tomcat, boom, apache
works.

Apache's error.log contains nothing.  No tomcat logs
contain anything.

Has anybody out there had the same problem?  How do I
fix it?  It's coming up on crunch time for me and I'm
scared that tomcat standalone will not be able to
handle the traffic.  I work for the King Papers
Project at Stanford and we're trying to launch this
before the Holiday.

Thanks for any help,
Terry

#----Here is output from tomcat to the console --#
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
    New instance created
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
    Setting connection
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnectionHandler]
    Setting Request ID 0

#---- Here is part of my httpd.conf ---#
ServerName 171.64.248.194

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

WebAppConnection launch warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy launchpads	launch /launchpads
WebAppInfo /webapp-info

#---- Here is part of my server.xml ---#  <Service
name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache
"ServerName" is set to -->
    <Engine
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
	    name="Apache" defaultHost="171.64.248.194"
debug="0" appBase="webapps">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower
levels -->
      <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance
will be shared globally -->
      <Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />

    </Engine>

  </Service>