tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:26:13 GMT
are you logging at debug level?
what does it show when you do?

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel debug

in your httpd.conf (in case you are not familiar)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Felarca [mailto:gennadius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 3:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors

At 04:34 PM 01/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>I had the same lock-up problem for the myapp sample webapp when Apache,
>Tomcat, and IE5.0 where all running on the same win2000Pro box.
>
>I got the myapp sample webapp to work (serve images) though in both of the
>following two situations:
>
>1.  running IE5.0 browser from a different machine (from that running
Apache
>and Tomcat)
>2.  Using Netscape 6.2 on the same machine as Apache and Tomcat.

Interesting. I haven't tried the NS 6.2 yet, but I know that we are
experiencing these drop-outs even when browsing from machines other than
the server itself.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to try to pin this down further? I too
think it has to do with the connector but I would like to isolate it to be
sure, and if possible try to find some way to reduce the number of request
drops.

Would trying to use another connector help? Or would removing SSL from the
equation help?

Thanks in advance,

Mario-