tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Download Accelerator Plus & Tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:49:24 GMT
I had a problem with DA in a servlet where I was serving the file because I
didn't implement the HTTP range header - so when it sent 2-7 requests for
parts of the file, I returned the whole thing. I have sinced mopved my
funtionality to a filter(tc4), and tomcat serves the file and it knows how
to properly deal with the range headers.

I also got DA into an endless loop(a user did it, so I had to figure out how
they did it). It was also related to my servlet not handling range requests.

I would recommend letting tomcat handle the download if you are not already
and use filters for custom functionality(authorization,etc).

I have sucessfully downloaded a 50MB file with DA(5.0) using all of its
levels of accelleration(1-7 connections).

Charlie