tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anton Brazhnyk <a.brazh...@biconsulting.ws>
Subject RE: Mod_webApp Configuration - Tomcat 4.01, Apache 1.3.22 (Darwin)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:11:26 GMT
Hi,

It seems to me you attached txt file with instructions about unsubscribing
or my mail client is doing tricks to me? :))

> So My Question is:
>
> Where is mod_webapp supposed to get the "Local Deployment Path"?
>     And if it isn't right where do I set it?
> And if mod_webapp is NOT looking in the server.xml file in my
> $JAKARTA_HOME/config/ directory, where is it looking or how do I set it
> to look elsewhere?

I believe mod_webapp doesn't look for server.xml at all, it looks for web.xml
of web application matched to its WebAppDeploy directive.

> And for completeness, here is my httpd.conf for a simple localhost.

I think one needs your server.xml and how exactly it doesnt work to help you.

> At this point, I need someone who has succeeded to tell me EXACTLY what
> they have done.

Well, that isnt about me, I hasn't tried yet :)

> Thank you,
>
> Terry J Fundak
>
> P.S. If I get this working I will write up detailed directions and a lot
> of notes about what not to do. This is what the FAQ's for TOMCAT 4.0 and
> mod_webapp needs at this point.

A lot of people will pray on you if you do :))

Anton.