tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emerson <emer...@tre-sc.gov.br>
Subject JBUilder and connectionn pool
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:00:51 GMT
please someone using jbuilder, answer me, that´s very important :

I using JBuilder to Debug my web-apps and ConnectionPool from
http://www.bitmechanic.com/projects/jdbcpool/ (James Cooper) They instruct
to make a unique servlet to do all the configuration of the connections. I
always use to instantiate a different pool for each app. The advantage of
the new approach is it reuses db connections of the same db/user among
diferent apps.

The big problem is to continue to debug apps directly inside JBuilder 5, as
it uses a server8080.xml for each debugging (and recreates it each time, so
you can't add a Context path in server8080.xml), and sets the contexts
paths directly in it. And I have to make sure the db servlet that initiates
the pools in started before starting a web app to be debugged.

Have anybody done that???

Emerson Cargnin
TRE-SC
Setor de Desenvolvimento