tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emerson <emer...@tre-sc.gov.br>
Subject Re: Context Or not?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:58:57 GMT
Tou must describe the servlet class like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>cadservlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>gov.tresc.app.cadServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
  </session-config>
</web-app>

giving the entire path of the servlet class

2.3//EN"  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
><web-app>
>    <!-- General description of the application -->
>    <display-name>NAME</display-name>
>    <description>
>      bla bla
>    </description>
>
>    <context-param>
>      <param-name>webmaster</param-name>
>      <param-value>myself@domain.com</param-value>
>      <description>
>            bla bla
>      </description>
>    </context-param>
>
>    <session-config>
>      <session-timeout>10</session-timeout>    <!-- 10 minutes -->
>    </session-config>
></web-app>
>###
>
>Question:
>Must I have a context in server.xml AND a descriptor?
>When I do have both I get this error message in the logfile:
>
>###
>Error initializing resources: Document base
>/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/XXX does not exist or is not a
readable directory
>###
>
>When I remove the context entry from the server.xml it all works fine !!!
>
>So my friends, wich is it... both or one of them?
>
>Many thanx.
>Cheers Pablo

Emerson Cargnin
TRE-SC