tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Turtle <Rob.Tur...@focus-group.co.uk>
Subject cannot find jdk when upgraded to j2sdk1.4.0-beta3
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:22:54 GMT
Dear All,

I had everything up and running fine, but then I made the lethal decision
that I neede to upgrade from j2sdk1.3.1 to 1.4.0-beta3. I've adjusted my
classpath variables to take account of the fact it is now installed in
c:\jdk1.4 so in theory it should be seeing it.

However, when I try to install tomcat-4.0.1 I get told it can't find a jdk
on my machine and please can I download one from sun.

I've read some of the older posts and can't see anything in them that would
help. In fact is was one of the older posts that led to re-installation into
jdk1.4 incase seeing to dots was a problem.

I'm running win98 on a novel network. I've had it up and running before so
not being able to now is a bit annoying (I'm behind schedule with something
that I'm trying to do for the company - server programming isn't my field
but I'm trying to learn. I actually work in strategy research!)

I would be very greatful for any light that could be cast on the problem

Rob Turtle