tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PELOQUIN,JEFFREY (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)" <jeffrey_peloq...@non.hp.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 on HP-UX 11.0
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:39:11 GMT

We have been experiencing problems with stopping Tomcat on HP-UX 11.0
machines
Although Tomcat itself shutsdown, the JVM does not exit and continues to
run.  Although it
does not appear to hinder the creation of a new JVM for Tomcat it is
annoying and takes up memory.

We are using
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1.02-011206-02:17)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.3.1 1.3.1.02-JPSE_1.3.1.02_20011206
PA2.0, mixed mode)

and start the JVM with -XdoCloseWithReadPending

This option allows the closing of sockets even with pending requests.
Without this option the
built in Apache Connector does not exit and continues to listen on its
socket.

Since HP writes their own version of the JVM for HP-UX I am guessing my
problem is with the
JVM and not tomcat but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced
similar problems with tomcat
on HP-UX

Thanks
Jeff Peloquin