tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Baker <raschar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is this a stupid question or something? Why no nibbles?
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:16:34 GMT

--- Micael Padraig Og mac Grene
<caraunltd@harbornet.com> wrote:
> At 01:08 AM 1/25/02 -0800, you wrote:
> >FIRST
> >
> >If I want several development urls, e.g.
> >
> >         app1.mycompany.com
> >         app2.mycompany.com
> >         app3.mycompany.com
> >
> >to be accessed through one registered url, e.g.
> >
> >         www.mycompany.com
> >
> >can I do this with server.xml alone or do I have to
> also configrue the dns
> >server to cooperate?

Are you accessing these dev urls from outside your
local LAN or inside? Do you have an internal DNS
server? You are going to have to configure DNS for
machines outside of your LAN to know what IP address
app1.mycompany.com should resolve to. If you are only
concerned w/ 1 or 2 internal machines you could set up
a host file on those machines that maps the different
name to the same IP address. Of course, if these are
to be different contexts you will have to edit
server.xml . I have yet to upgrade to 4.0 so I can't
answer in detail about that.

<<SNIP>>

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com