tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Perryman <bperryman...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: canno startup Tomat 4.0.1
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:07:04 GMT
Hi David,

I posted a similar problem today with RedHat 7.1 (see
problems starting tomcat4.01 on RedHat 7.1). Also see
the response that I got. I'll keep you updated as to
what I find. Please do the same with me. I'm going to
monitor this and check for future releases of tomcat 4
while going back to 3.3 and develop in parallel.

Bruce
--- David Hewlett <hewlett@zoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This is my first attempt at Tomcat. I know other
> people succeeded directly
> with with the standalone version - however it
> doesn't seem to fire up on suse
> 7.3 kernel 2 4 13
>

> Up to now i have used apache & jserv with no
> problems. (which currently must
> continue to reside on the system)
>
> I started tomcat up with ?startup.sh. Just the
> following occurs:
>
> linux:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 # ./bin/startup.sh
> Using CLASSPATH:

/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/lib/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar