tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Dynamic XML/XSLT with Tomcat 4.0
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:45:01 GMT

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 BBui@sjm.com wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:41:02 -0600
> From: BBui@sjm.com
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Dynamic XML/XSLT with Tomcat 4.0
>
> 		Hi Jim,
>
> 		I am also going to use XML/XSLT for my new pages.  However,
> I need to display the information according to what the user select.  In
> other word, my xpath needs to be dynamic, and therefore my xsl file.

Sounds like you might need to dynamically create the stylesheet that is
ultimately used for the transformation.

> 		Could you give me some clue as to how to approach this?
> 		Also, I have read that to avoid problem with browser when
> using xsl/xml, process the data on the server and push it out.  Is that what
> we use the TrAx for?

Besides the solutions proposed earlier, another avenue to explore is the
XML-oriented custom tags in the JSP Standard Tag Library (you can get
early access 3 of these tags from <http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs>).

> 		Thanks a lot,
>
> 		Baoha Bui

Craig McClanahan