tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic XML/XSLT with Tomcat 4.0
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:58:45 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Sergei Batiuk wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:43:58 +0200
> From: Sergei Batiuk <Sergei.Batiuk@Damen-Okean.com>
> To: Tomcat User Group <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Dynamic XML/XSLT with Tomcat 4.0
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use XML/XSLT in my project. The problem is that my XML pages
> (and possibly XSLT pages) will be dynamic not static. I think, JSPs should
> generate the content, but how do I tell Tomcat to process them with the XSLT
> processor?

As others have suggested, Cocoon is a useful approach to this kind of
problem, although it doesn't necessarily help with using JSP pages to
create the XML to be transformed.

Another approach, since you are using Tomcat 4 (and therefore Servlet 2.3)
is to implement your transformation logic in a Filter.

> Sincerely,
> Sergei Batiuk.

Craig