tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terry McBride <tttmcbr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.01 and win2000 server-cant get it to work
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:35:16 GMT
Unless you hooked up mod_jk you have to specify the
port try http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html

--- Martin Sujkowski <msujkowski@TLCdelivers.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed tomcat 4.01 on a windows 2000
> server. I followed all the
> steps very diligently and still failed to get it to
> work. I went through all
> the troubleshooting steps and none of them fixed my
> problem. The problem is
> that I get a 401 error when try to open
> http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html  .The
> troubleshooting section
> doesn't list this kind of error. Does anyone have
> any ideas?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Martin
>

> --
> For additional commands:
> Troubles with the list:

=====
"I'm concerned about a better world. I'm concerned about justice; I'm concerned about brotherhood;
I'm concerned about truth. And when one is concerned about that, he can never advocate violence.
For through violence you may murder a murderer, but you can't murder murder. Through violence
you may murder a liar, but you can't establish truth. Through violence you may murder a hater,
but you can't murder hate through violence. Darkness cannot put out darkness; only light can
do that."

-M. L. King, Jr., 16 August 1967