tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status 503 - Servlet invoker is currently unavailable
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:04:34 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, graghavan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:41:09 -0500
> From: graghavan <raghava2@sympatico.ca>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Status 503 - Servlet invoker is currently unavailable
>
> does any one know:
> if in tomcat 4.0, the InvokerServlet works or it is there as a
> decoration or a future planned feature.
> with an unregistered servlet class snuck into the working
> webapps/examples/web-inf/classes directory, i got the error:   HTTP
> Status 503 - Servlet invoker is currently unavailable
> the archives are out of commission at this time for me to do a search.
> pls comment if you have seen the error message before.
> tnx.
> graghavan

The invoker servlet works fine for me, and for lots of other people.
There is most likely some problem in finding the servlet class you are
trying to invoke.  The details of what is wrong are in the stack trace
that shows on the error page, and/or in the log files in the "logs"
directory.

One guaranteed way to get an error is to use "web-inf" as the directory
name.  It must be "WEB-INF" (all capitals), even on a Windows system.

Craig