tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Namrata Kasthuri <namrata_kasth...@yahoo.com>
Subject trouble with apache 1.3.22 and tomcat 3.3 on redhat 7.0
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:02:35 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to integrate apache 1.3.22 with tomcat
3.3.
Here's a summary of what I've done

1.  intalled apache binaries and it runs fine
standalone

2.  installed tomcat binaries alone and it runs fine
standalone

3.  downloaded the mod_jk.so module and placed it in
apache's libext directory

4.  modifed the tomcat server.xml file to include
<ApacheConfig /> so that the mod_jk.conf file gets
auto-generated  (any specific place it should go?)

5.  modified apache's httpd.conf file to include the
above auto-generated file (last line of file)

6.  then I restarted both tomcat and apache and apache
doesn't start.  it says httpd could not start because
there is an error in the autoconfig file...that
something is mispelled or defined by a module that is
not included in the server configuration.

Can someone please tell me what I have missed or done
incorrectly, as I am new to all of these
technologies.....also, once working, how can I make
sure that tomcat is only being used as the servlet
container?

Thanks
Namrata