tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Drive Mapping with drive letters
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:29:05 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 joseph.chandler@franke.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:15:15 -0600
> From: joseph.chandler@franke.com
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Drive Mapping with drive letters
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Tomcat 4.01 standalone on a win2000 box and need to map a
> network drive as a context so that I can see the stuff with relative paths.
> Can I do something like the tag below?  The doc has lots of examples but
> none that deal with drive letters (probably since it's a win32 only thing).
>
> <Context path="F:/myapp/pics" docBase="pictures" debug="0" privileged="true
> " />
>
> Could someone correct this or point me to some documentation that I may
> have overlooked?

Try turning things around a little, and you will do better:

  <Context path="/pictures" docBase="F:/myapp/pics" ... />

The "path" attribute is the context path of the webapp (so its contents
would be vislble via URLs like "http://localhost:8080/pictures/foo.gif"),
while the "docBase" attribute is the relative or absolute pathname to the
base directory for this web application.

See the Server Configuration Reference documentation included with Tomcat
for more details on all the server.xml settings.  It's also available
online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-docs/config/

> Joseph Chandler

Craig McClanahan