tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daishi Harada <dai...@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject How to "include" across contexts/webapps?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:56:34 GMT

Hi,

I have what seems like (and probably is) a very simple problem, but I
haven't been able to find a solution. Any help/hints would be
appreciated.

I'm trying to build a website in a typical sort of way, with headers
and footers isolated and "<%@include%>"'ed into the actual
pages. However, now I'd like to modularize somewhat and decompose
parts of the site into their own projects/contexts, while still having
each project share common headers and footers. Unfortunately,
"<%@include%>" is relative to the current context, so I haven't been
able to figure out a good way to share the header/footer information
across each of the contexts/apps. Is there a canonical way of doing
something like this?

TIA,
Daishi