tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject can anyone help
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:23:24 GMT
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help with a problem I am a having wtih starting tomcat.
I have only started to learn java but I have ran into a few problems getting started.

I am running java on windows 98 on a laptop that also has  PWS installed.

I have edited the autoexec.bat to include these two lines:

set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1_01
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0

however when I browse to localhost:8080 the page cannot be displayed and an error file is
not been generated in the log directory.

does anyone know how to fix this?

many thanks

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message