tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Emir" <wkpa3...@sneakemail.com>
Subject RE: Custom Authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:16:51 GMT
> Hi all! ;)

Hello Ricardo,

> I have to migrate a Web Application from Allaire JRun to Tomcat 4.0.1.
>
> I have a custom Authentication created by us. How can i use it under TomCat
> 4.0.1? Information is very non-existant or.... I'm just to dumb to find it!
> :))

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball, so you're gonna have to explain how your
custom authenticator works, perhaps throw some source code here.

> Another question: Do i have a "InitialContext" ? If i have so... where is
> it? If it doesn't exist, it's no problemat all. I'll simply use the usual
> method to access the MySQL database without aquiring the DataSources from
> InitialContext (wich maybe it's something from J2EE....).

Tomcat 4 provides JNDI InitialContext in compliance with J2EE.  Read more in
documentation included with Tomcat, or online at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Cheerioh!

Emir.