tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Wadkin <>
Subject NullPointerException: causes?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:40:51 GMT
Can anyone offer any suggestions about the cause of the attached
NullPointerException trace?

I've managed to setup and integrate Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.1 using
mod_WebApp on Solaris 8 (JDK 1.3). I ran the attached servlet (which I
didn't write) with the hope of testing that everything was working ok,
especially the Oracle/JDBC bit.

As far as I can tell, everything is configured properly...

The general aim is for me to verify that everything works (using the
attached servlet) before trying to deploy a second, more complex servlet
that's currently running under JServ.

Apologies if this is a frequent question but I've only been able to find
vague references to it, and I'm only a novice Java programmer!



Quote for the week:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation
which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan, Radio microphone test, 11 Aug. 1984

View raw message