tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Wadkin <j.wad...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject RE: PLEASE REMOVE THE VIRUS BEFORE MAILING THE LIST...
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:50:32 GMT
Lasse

When you say "list signature" do you mean this:

If so, then I think the real issue is, "Why's the signature there in the
first place?". Mailing list management commands are well documented. There's
a problem with email in general in that it's easy to fire off an email
without giving the content much thought or structure. I'm no fan of Outlook
or Microsoft for that matter, but I rely on Outlook's "life management"
facilities - e.g. calendar, tasks, flagging messages!
One thing that does irritate me is when people put their reply to a message
-within- the message - I've missed important info because of this! Example:

>Bla
>Bla

Response

>Bla
>Bla

When you're scanning the email, it's easy to overlook part of the reply -
more so when sending as plain text (can't use colours).

Removed "unnecessary" bits of this email to save on storage space ;)

Thanks,

John

Quote for the week:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation
which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan, Radio microphone test, 11 Aug. 1984