tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Wadkin <j.wad...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject TomCat 4, Servlets & Oracle JDBC
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:56:47 GMT
I'm charged with the task of getting a servlet working using Apache 1.3,
TomCat 4 and Oracle on a Unix platform. The servlet parses xml documents
into HTML pages with content taken from an Oracle database via jbdc (thin)
drivers.
My question relates to the jdbc drivers bit - as I understand it, the
drivers should install with Oracle. Is further configuration needed? For
example, do I have to do anything with TomCat?
I've had a look on the net and at the documentation/faqs on the Apache site
and haven't been able to find anything other than vague details. Apologies
if I've repeated a well-asked question!

Thanks,

John

Quote for the week:

Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly often attributed by the living
to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children, and by children
to adults.

Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin, (1973) "Emotions"