tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chad kellerman <ckeller...@alabanza.com>
Subject JDBC driver
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:14:02 GMT
Hey Guys,

    Hello to you all.  I am trying to install the Tomcat with
apache1.3.22.  I have to admin the installation overview on

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/BUILDING.txt

needs a little work.  I am working on on part 8.  Download and Install
JDBC Optional Package API Binary Distribituion.  Here is what it says

8.  Download and Install JDBC Optional Package API Binary Distribution

* Download the JDBC Optional Pacakge API package (version 2.0) from:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html

* Place the jar in a convenient location.

The problem I have is "* Place the jar in a convenient location.".  I
think this is a little obscure.  Actaully kind of funny.

   Getting to the point.  Anyone have any recommendations on where to
put this on a redhat6.2 box?

THanks,
Chad