tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Farnbach <mich...@myricanet.com>
Subject War Extraction Problem
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:37:25 GMT

Current setup:

SGI-Redhat 7.1
IBM JDK 1.3-10 (by rpm w/ apps rpm)
Tomcat 4.0.1-1 (by rpm)

When I use the manager app to load the webmail.war from
jwma.sourceforge.net I get the following...

http://linux17:8180/manager/install?path=/webmail&war=jar:file://var/tomcat4/webapps/webmail.war!/

FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/tomcat4/webapps/webmail/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF (No such file or
directory)

Sure enough there is not manifest.mf becuase the war file didn't
extract, and there is no /var/tomcat4/webapps/webmail directory at all.
On the other hand I've jar-ed through the war file and
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF is present in the war file.

I have tried to manualy extract the war file, and I get XML problems in
WEB_INF/server.xml which I'm taking to the jwma people.  But in the mean
time, am I just not doing something right?  Isn't this supposed to
extract the war file or at least access the manifest.mf file in the war
file?

Thanks in advance,

--Michael