tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ANDERSON-STUDENT,IAN (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <ian_ander...@hp.com>
Subject SSL between two instances of tomcat
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 13:05:02 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to set up a secure connection between two instances of tomcat. I
need to ensure that the "back" instance will only take connections from the
"front" instance. This needs to be done over a SSL. So far I have created a
separate certificate for each instance and exported the public part of it to
the other instance. I have also set a separate keystore for each instance
and modified the server.xml file accordingly.

What I would like to know is how do I tell the back tomcat to authenticate
the server its passing data to (the front tomcat). I've tried to use client
authentication but this simply prompts the user to submit a certificate.

I'm guessing it's a setting in a security file somewhere but I've yet to
find it!

Thanks

Ian Anderson