tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rich Coad <>
Subject Multiple definitions of symbol _main
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:21:15 GMT
I am trying to configure Tomcat 3.3a to work with Apache 1.3.14 on Mac
OS X.  I have been successfully using Resin as a servlet container but,
when I try to use JServ, as soon as apache hits the line LoadModule
jserv_module /p/server/apache_1.3.14/libexec/ in the
httpd.conf file I get the following error:

dyld: /p/server/apache_1.3.14/sbin/httpd multiple definitions of symbol
/p/server/apache_1.3.14/sbin/httpd definition of _main
/p/server/apache_1.3.14/libexec/ definition of _main
sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Anyone know why this occurs and how to avoid it?

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message