tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Load balancer - no session affinity
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:12:58 GMT
> Hi Craig,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I had read the release notes,
> but, and I don't mean to offend anyone, I was not
> sure the doc was up-to-date.
>
> A problem that I have is that mod_jk and modwebapp do
> not seem to be listed anywhere in the apache modules
> section, and I don't see on the Jakarta website where
> I could download the latest source.
>
> I actually am a very good ANSI-C and Java programmer,
> and I am willing and eager to add load balancing to
> the "load balancing worker", if you could just tell
> me how I can obtain the source code and who is the
> person responsible for that code so I can contact him.

About native connector support support in TC 4:
- JK 1.4 is enabled by default, out of the box (no need to uncomment
anything)
- there are docs on AJP as part of the default doc bundle
- the C code is common between (according to Costin) 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, and
4.0-HEAD (not bad ;-))
- the source code for all connectors, including native code is in the src
directory
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.2-b2/src/j
akarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-b2-src.tar.gz)
- there are a few native connector binaries pre-built for the most popular
platforms

Remy