tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Newland <chris.newl...@emorphia.com>
Subject multiple mod_webapp connections?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:11:51 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to set up multiple tomcat 4.0.1 instances (each running a cocoon
webapp) all behind a single Apache server and use mod_webapp to connect
between a URL path and a specific tomcat instance.

E.g.

http://www.server.com/foo ---> localhost:8080/cocoon (first tomcat instance)
http://www.server.com/bar ---> localhost:8081/cocoon (second tomcat instance)

I've suceeded in getting the apache->mod_webapp->tomcat process to work fine
with 1 instance of tomcat, but I don't know how to configure Apache to
support 2 mod_webapp connectors. I can't find any information about this in
the docs so I was wondering if it is even possible?

Has anybody suceeded in this configuration?

Thanks,

Chris