tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: startup and core dump
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:40:26 GMT
JDK 1.4?  I haven't worked with that yet since last I checked it was still a
beta release.   As far as the ulimit... line goes, I was being literal
(except for the quote marks :-).  At least that's the command for the bash
shell to limit stack space for executed commands.  It may be different
depending on the shell you use and I thought the seg fault problem was fixed
in 1.4.  Maybe not??  Hopefully someone more familiar with the Bug Parade on
JDK 1.4 can offer some insight.

Anyway, if you use it, just make sure it's before the java.... command that
actually starts Tomcat itself.  I put it in the startup.sh script before the
call to catalina.sh since that's how I start Tomcat on the dev machine.  It's
in the script for starting tomcat from /etc/init.d as well on my production
server (Mandrake 8).

--David