tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: instructions for Apache & webapp
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:40:55 GMT
Ok... what do you mean 'can't connect'.  Please be more specific.  I have
mod_webapp working on a Mandrake 8 i586 system.  My mod_webapp was built from
nightly snapshot and works without a problem.

To the original poster -- Dean Hall:
There are a couple of different ways to connect Tomcat and Apache.  The first
is mod_webapp.  It was designed to make the connection between Apache and
Tomcat easier, but has had a rough ride over the past few months.  If you
search the archives of this list, there should be some links to good docs on
setup and deployment.

The other way is with mod_jk.  It's a more mature connector with a larger
following especially with Tomcat 3.x, but works well on Tomcat 4.  Just use
the docs for TC 3.x and the notes in server.xml (TC4) to setup TC4 and Apache
to use it.

--David

On Monday 21 January 2002 09:23 am, you wrote:
> Dear Dean Hall
>
> This will be not correct answer, but I want to encourage you to searching
> tomcat forum in wrox site.
 I found there a doc explainning about
> mod_webapp installation for connecting apache and tomcat. I read it but
> nevertheless I can't connect as usual.
> mod_webapp's doc, install.txt was explained the content to be added in
> httpd.conf.
 ServerName localhost