tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 Suse 7.2 Can't Get It To Work In Stand Alone Mode
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:24:30 GMT
hmmm.... if you do a ps -a | grep java, do you get a list of java threads?
That'll show that TC is actually working and not getting a seg fault on
startup or something.  Also netstat -tln should provide a list of open server
ports for your machine and you should see some ports open [8005 (AJP12), 8008
(WARP), 8080 or 8180 (HTTP), maybe 8009 (AJP13)] as a result of TC working.

I modified my startup.sh and shutdown.sh to include ulimit -s 2048 because TC
would die on startup with a seg fault. (Mandrake 8 and TC 4.0.1)

Just something to think about.

--David