tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 & Dreamweaver 4.01 using WebDAV too slow
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:00:34 GMT
> I am trying to access Tomcat 4.0.1 web application files using Dreamweaver
4.0.1 in my win98 machine. I find  it to be
> extremely slow takes up to 3-5 minutes to retrieve the site.
> I tried to access the same tomcat files using Web Folders in Windows
Explorer it works fine and fast enough  (1-3 seconds). I
> have tested Tomcat with DAVExplorer, it also worked fine. I have tested
Dreamweaver with MS IIS 5 it worked  fine after
> WebDAV Configurations
> What configurations would make Dreamweaver fast in accessing Tomcat 4.0.1
as WebDAV server

I think Dreamweaver's HTTP/1.1 stack is broken. Essentially, it waits for
the server to close the connection (without specifying any Connection: close
header), and since Tomcat will persist the connection, it takes 30s to do
each HTTP operation (that's the default connection timeout in Tomcat).

Use the HTTP/1.0 connector with Dreamweaver.

The new HTTP/1.1 connector will allow you to specify a list of restricted
user agent (when one is used, the connector will degrade itself to

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message