tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "slg.ahlen" <slg.ahlen.quvinthe...@telia.com>
Subject WARNING Worm
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:09:18 GMT
To Whom it may Concern,

unfortunately during cloning and virus scanning of a received worm this morning, it retransferred
itselves througout our address book, please read symatech report below, most important do
NOT open this attachement.

W32.Myparty@mm is a mass-mailing email worm. The worm arrives via email with the following
characteristics:
Subject: new photos from my party!
Body:
Hello!

My party... It was absolutely amazing!
I have attached my web page with new photos!
If you can please make color prints of my photos. Thanks!

Attachment name: www.myparty.yahoo.com

The worm searches through the Windows Address Book (used by Microsoft Outlook (Express)) and
through files with the extension .DBX, which are Microsoft Outlook Express folders and inboxes.

The worm uses its own SMTP engine to send out mails to the SMTP server configured on the machine.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.myparty@mm.html

Truly yours

SLG Ahlen

www.quvintheumn.com