tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ravi Naidu" <r...@ccipl.com>
Subject Re: TC 4.0.1/SAXParserFactory.newInstance() error
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:39:28 GMT
Dear All,

Tomcat 4 is installed on D drive of my machine. and my web directory for jsp
pages is  situated on E drive.

How do i set my web driectory path for the web server in the configuration
files.

Please help.

Regards,
Ravi.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sriram Narayanan" <sriramx_2000@yahoo.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: TC 4.0.1/SAXParserFactory.newInstance() error

> Hi,
>
> Looks like there's may be another copy of the Jaxp classes somewhere in
the classpath..Please try the following:

> 1. Use the startup scripts that come with tomcat 4.0.1. These unset the
CLASSPATH environment variables and crete custom variables for
> Tomcat's startup.
>
> 2.Check to see if you're having any older Xerces or (Crimson+Jaxp) jars
files in $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext

> 3. Remove all instances of the files xerces.jar, parser.jar, crimson.jar
and jaxp.jar from where ever you have placed them in the $CATALINA_HOME
> sub directories.
> Having done that, place a copy of xerces.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
> The xerces.jar file that comes with tomcat 4.0.1 is 1.72 MB in size
(1,808,883 bytes)

> 4. Just a question, is your app also bundling Xerces/crimson ? Look for
the jars in the WIB-INF/lib sub-directory.

> Sriram
>
> 1/12/02 11:17:36 PM, Mark <markd@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >I'm attempting to port a working application to Tomcat 4.0.1 and hit a
> >problem with SAX parsing.  When this line of code is executed
> >
> >          SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
> >
> >I got a ClassCastException error:
> >
> >    java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
> > at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:148)