tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "yilmaz" <yil...@hwajet.com.tw>
Subject a problem with in integrating tomcat4 with apache
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:08:01 GMT
Hi everybody,
we are havoing trouble in adjusting apache and tomcat configuration
so that all the static files such as mp3,avi, swf, etc will be served by
apache
and jsp,servlets and class files will be served by tomcat.
So far may seem very familiar for most of you.
However, our problem is that we are using form based authentication.
that is we also have to pass the jsessionid to tomcat. This causes all the
requests
pass to tomcat. In other words , if we configure form based authentication,
all the files passes to tomcat, on the other side if we force apache to
serve
static files , then we are losing form based authentication.
Briefly we are in trouble.
Can someone out there please help us?
WE are on linux redhat 6.2 and tomcat 4.
In a more clearer way, our problem is we can't get  our server
(apache+tomcat)
play media files, while it tries to connect , it throws a pile of error
messages and disconnects.
******************
2002-01-20 10:33:05 StandardWrapperValve[default]:
> Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
> java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native
> Method)
> 	at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
> 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:959)
> 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.doWrite(Ajp13.java:832)
> 	at
but when i download those files, it works okey.
what i am trying to do is just get the server play those media files
properly.
any one knows any solution or workarounds for this problem?
for (int i=0;  i < 1 billion;  i ++) {        Thanks  ;           }
I wish everyone a nice monday :)