tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "chris brown" <...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Configuring IIS 5.0 with Tomcat 4.0.1 - working!
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:46:57 GMT
Thanks to everyone who provided me with suggestions. I got it working by
useful the files and steps described at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/

One other thing took a while to fix... but that's the "fault" (well, a
"feature") of IIS.  I didn't install Tomcat within the "inetpub" directory,
so my folders only had Windows security permissions allowing the current
Windows user or the administrator to access my Tomcat webapp files, NOT the
default "anonymous internet access" windows account.  Once I authorised the
appropriate users to access the folders for my webapp, I could access the
site via IIS.  I had to do this for the "jakarta" alias too.

Thanks for the help, hope this helps others too!

- Chris