tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dean Hall" <hall-newslett...@apt7.com>
Subject instructions for Apache & webapp
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:36:52 GMT
I'm a new Tomcat user trying to install Tomcat to work with Apache
1.3.22 (on RH Linux 6.2). I gave up trying to compile from source (for
the time being) because I didn't find the docs sufficient (yet) to be
sure it would work.

Now, I've installed the binary distro, and the docs seem to end before
describing how to get Tomcat to run with Apache. I read the
conf/server.xml file in the distro, and it seems to imply that some
other stuff needs to happen (like installing Apache with the mod_webapp)
for it to work properly, but I can find no documentation for this
procedure. I looked just to see if I could find any source for the
module in the apache source tree, and there is none. I looked in the
installation documentation, and there's no mod_webapp listed.

Is there something I'm missing? Some docs somewhere that I haven't seen
yet?

Dean.