tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Drake" <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: problem with multiple application on Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:50:23 GMT
Puneet:

All you need to do is to package each set of classes (and other resources)
as a seperate web application. The tomcat docs provide plenty of information
about how to do this.

The 'simplest' way to create a web-application is to construct a directory
structure (under the jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps directory) that contains
all of your context's files (html, jsp, gif, jpg, etc...). Either place your
classes
in context/WEB-INF/classes or place your 'jar' file in context/WEB-INF/lib.

You can then jar up the whole mess into a WAR file. Read the tomcat docs
about deploying web-applications in the form of WAR files.

No other configuration should be required unless your application has the
need for it.

Tomcat 4 allows you to add new web-applications at any time. It also lets
you re-deploy (update) existing web-applications.

I think you'll find all the details you need in the tomcat documentation.

Good Luck.

Tom Drake