tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4 and Tomcat 4.01 - XML ClassCastException -- UPDATE
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:27:32 GMT
> Sorry for the noise, this is ONLY under 1.4 beta.  1.3 works just fine.
Has
> anyone successfully run Tomcat under 1.4 beta?  If so, what is the secret?

I don't know for sure what is different in the CL in 1.4 when compared to
1.2 and 1.3, but it definitely is different.

I tightened the classloader in the HEAD branch (for example, you can now run
a webapp which has an outdated servlet.jar in its repositories), so the
nightly builds should work better.

Unfortunately, there are other CL problems, including a really nasty one
with Struts (some obscure reflection problem), so I don't recommend running
1.4 with Tomcat at the moment. I'll add that in bold in the release notes
for the upcoming 4.0.2 b2 ;-)

Remy