tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Bednarz" <l...@bednarz.ch>
Subject Re: Problems with .exe install for NT
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:20:00 GMT
John,

Type tomcat.exe /? for a help screen.

I have written some batch files to install and uninstall it as service with
apropriate settings for the VM. Here the exemples (all on one line please)

---- snip ----
@echo on
d:
cd \Tomcat4.0\bin

tomcat.exe -install "Apache Tomcat"
C:\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_02\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll -jvm_option -Djava.class.path=D
:\Tomcat4.0\bin\bootstrap.jar -jvm_option -Dcatalina.home=d:\tomcat4.0 -jvm_
option -Xms64M -jvm_option -Xmx256M -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
d:\tomcat4.0\logs\service.out -err d:\tomcat4.0\logs\service.err

d:
cd \Tomcat4.0\bin
tomcat -uninstall "Apache Tomcat"

I'm still looking for the source code of the tomcat.exe and the installation
script. This seems to be a top secret issue since nobody answers my request
either here nor on the dev list!!!! Is this one not OPEN SOURCE ??????

Thomas