tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Egyhazy <mw...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: basic servlet move doesn't work
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:07:10 GMT
did you change the package declaration within the servlet code?

it should be
package dir;

matt
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cressatti, Dominique" <Dominique.Cressatti@lansa.co.uk>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 10:53 AM
Subject: basic servlet move doesn't work

Hi,

I have a very simple example app.
For testing purposes I moved the servlet into a subdirectory.
So before the move I had
/webapps/Wide_World/WEB-INFO/classes/ForwardServlet.class
and after the move I had
/webapps/Wide_World/WEB-INFO/classes/dir/ForwardServlet.class

according to the docs I've read I can do such a thing and reflect it
I need edit /webapps/Wide_World/web.xml

from:
....<servlet-name>forward</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>ForwardServlet</servlet-class>

....<servlet-name>forward</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>dir.ForwardServlet</servlet-class>

which I did (and restated tomcat).
However how such simple change doesn't work?
Now when I try to access again the servlet I get:
...HTTP error status 500...
Error allocating a servlet instance....
root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: dir/ForwardServlet (wrong name:
ForwardServlet)...

What's going on!

Thanks
Dom