tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pablo Millet" <pablo.mil...@redmessage.com>
Subject Context in server.xml or not?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:10:34 GMT
Hi all.
Very simple question... so I give it another try since my first message didn't capture you'r
intrest ;) please help.

I have my Tomcat4 up and running as Stand-Alone but it doesn't want to deploy my .WAR files.
All of the "Examles" application do work just fine...

>From what I understand reading the manuals AND surfing the web for several days
I must include my web.xml (descriptor) file into the WEB-INF dir.
Well, i'm doing so and i'm ALSO adding my context in the server.xml.

Question:
Must I have a context in server.xml AND a descriptor?
When I do have both I get this error message in the logfile:

###
Error initializing resources: Document base
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/XXX does not exist or is not a readable directory
###

When I remove the context entry from the server.xml it all works fine !!!

So my friends, wich is it... both or one of them?

Many thanx.
Cheers