tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Goyer" <mgo...@fairtunes.com>
Subject RE: Persistent Sessions
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:02:27 GMT
>> As long as you shut down Tomcat gracefully, the standard session
manager
*does* save sessions across a restart, along with all of your session
attributes -- but ONLY IF you make them serializable.

Our attributes are implementing serializable but it still doesn't appear
to be saving and reloading them when I shutdown and restart webapps
using the manager webapp.

Though when I shutdown at the command prompt it does indeed create a
bunch of *.ser files but when I restart tomcat the session attributes
that I saved prior to shutdown aren't there though the manager webapp
lists the same number of activate session as before shutdown.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Matt