tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jakarta" <jaka...@colomy.com.jm>
Subject INSTALLING TOMCAT
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:04:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to install Jakarta TomCAT on my LINUX MACHINE and I have no idea
about how or where to set my JAVA_HOME.

On the 4th STEP of INSTALLATION FILE (BUILDING.txt), it tells us to type
"ant -projecthelp", but when I type ant, it says:

~/jakarta-servletapi-4# ant
Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
  If build fails because sun.* classes could not be found
  you will need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable
  to the installation directory of java.
/root/jakarta-ant-1.3/bin/ant: java: command not found
root@omega:~/jakarta-servletapi-4#

How do I set that?? And HOW do I INSTALL JSP Support for my APACHE?

Thank you,

Rafael