tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Jackson" <softwareforhuman...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Posted content length exceeds limit
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 01:58:15 GMT
Seb,

To use the Oreilly package, you are suppose to purchase Jason's Hunter's
Java Servlet Programming book.

It explains the package in detail. When you create the multipart request
object, you should be definining the maximum size there....

Robert Jackson

-----Original Message-----
From: DESBOIS S├ębastien [mailto:sdesbois@sogitec.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 9:41 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Posted content length exceeds limit

Hi all,
I am using a servlet to post data to my server.

the html page I am using looks like:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
  <head>
    <title></title>
  </head>
    <form action="http://myserver/myAlias/servlet/myServlet/"
target="resultat" method="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
      id : <input type="text" name="id"><br>
      File : <input type="file" name="data"><br>
      <input type="submit" name"OK">
    </form>

On my server, I have Apache 1-3-20, Tomcat 3-2-2, and add-in of O'Reilly to
manage multipart request.

Depending on the size of the file, the request return an error:
java.io.IOException: Posted content length of 2800901 exceeds limit of
1048576

Where is defined this limitation and how can I modifie it ??

Thanks in advance.

Seb.