tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vjeran Marcinko" <marci...@jware.net>
Subject About persistent
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:45:48 GMT
Hi again.
One more question, and yes, I know this
isn't standard usage that servlets are made for, but
situation is like this -

I have to create servlet that will never exit its doPost() method,
and that way be able to keep response's output stream constantly
open, and send asinchronous messages to applet which has sent
that POST request.
Tell me, since there will be bunch of applets keeping this persistent
connections, will it crash somehow Tomcat ?
I don't know Tomcat's internal structure, so I'm wondering is there
a case when all servlet threads from thread pool (I assume it exists in
Tomcat) could be used (since never exiting), thus freezing whole web
service ?
And is there some timeout implemented for response, when they last too long ?

Thanx,
Vjeran