tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kar YEOW" <kar.y...@apir.com.au>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.1+JBOSS naming problem/bug?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 21:04:00 GMT
run tomcat with -nonaming option.
Kar
----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Studley" <Luke.Studley@cerillion.com>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 7:07 AM
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.0.1+JBOSS naming problem/bug?

This is the basics of how to do it in code:

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs",  "org.jboss.naming");
props.setProperty("java.naming.rmi.security.manager", "yes");
bindProps.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"localhost:1033");
InitialContext  ctx = new InitialContext(bindProps);

[Dodgy Aside: I'm totally not sure here as I never used Tomcat 3 and am new
to Tomcat 4 - but I think I might have read somewhere that Tomcat 3 did not
have a JNDI implementation. Whereas JNDI is now the Servlet spec recommended
way of binding to environment/servlet configuration etc. If not that then
maybe the new JNDI in tomcat 4 overrides any settings  in your
jndi.properties file that may have worked for you in Tomcat 3. All total
guess work of course!!]

Luke