tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Bazell" <baz...@home.com>
Subject Servlet File Protections
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:26:26 GMT
I have been having trouble getting my first servlets runing.  I ended up
trying a simple html file and jsp which I put in the webapps/ROOT directory.
The html worked fine, but the jsp gave me a 404 error.
I ended up changing the protections of the work/localhost directory
hierarchy (down to the _ directory, whatever that is) to drwxrwxrwx to get
it to work. This allowed me to access the jsp.

These directories are owned by root but I was installing my files as in
webapps/ROOT as myself (not root).  Should I be installing my servlets as me
or as root?  What should the file protections be?  What is the _ directory?

Thanks for the help.

Dave