tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "lmarcus" <lmar...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat3.3 and IIS5.0
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:34:18 GMT
Using IIS and Tomcat 4.0.1 how do you make a database connection?

Already tried and got an exception caught null, couldnt even make a
connection!
I am using Access on Win2K and this code:

public class myphonebookservlet extends HttpServlet {
    Connection con;

        if (con != null)
            return;

        try {
            // Load Driver

            // Get Connection to database
            con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:Phonebook",
"",""  );
         }catch(ClassNotFoundException e)  {
            System.out.println("Couldnt Load database Driver: " +
e.getMessage());
         }catch (SQLException e) {}

    }

Thanks